Isaac: Everything you need to know for Thursday | News
HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM)- Tropical Storm Isaac continues to weaken over northern Louisiana Thursday afternoon and will likely be downgraded to a tropical depression by 4 p.m.
Many areas reported flooding throughout the day on Thursday. Marion and Lamar Counties were particularly affected. See photos of that here: http://pics.wdam.com/CommunityGallery.aspx?m=1
The circulation of the storm is quite large, and bands of thunderstorms are expected to move inland from the Gulf of Mexico later Thursday, and due to the unstable atmospheric environment over the Pine Belt, it is still possible that severe thunderstorms could develop. A few of those may spin up tornadoes.
A tornado watch remains in effect for the entire region through 4 p.m. and may be extended into the early evening hours. After that, as the sun sets, the threat of severe weather is expected to diminish.
As Isaac continues to weaken and pulls away from the Pine Belt, there will still be enough moisture left to keep a fairly good chance for showers and thunderstorms in the forecast, but the severe weather threat will likely be over by Friday.
Keep up with the weather:
• Get updates every 15 minutes on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/WDAMTV
• On a desktop, laptop or tablet: www.wdam.com/weather
• On a cell phone www.wdamtogo.com
• Just radar on a cell phone: http://goo.gl/PVgeV
• Our app for an Android phone: http://tinyurl.com/74xh8dd
• Our app for an iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wdam-7-hattiesburg-weather/id419352047?mt=8
• On a Blackberry: http://goo.gl/zosqc
On a desktop, laptop, or tablet:
• WDAM Weather Central: http://www.wdam.com/weather
• WDAM Forecast Center: http://goo.gl/00bCK
• Interactive Radar: http://goo.gl/jL6UJ
• Hurricane Center: http://goo.gl/Mq1QV
• Severe Weather Center: http://goo.gl/IIbHB
• Live Alpha Skycams: http://goo.gl/9EBMz
• Send photos, see photos: http://tinyurl.com/8esq3zg
You can also hear WDAM on radio at 98.1.