Salvation Army Feeding Units Become Feeding Hub of the Pine Belt | Community Spirit
As the day dawned in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, Salvation Army Disaster Response teams from across Mississippi began descending upon the Hub City to provide feeding, hydration, and comfort kits to residents working to clean up following Sunday’s tornado.
Six Mobile feeding units will be working throughout the day providing for the needs of residents.
Units will be positioned at the following locations:
· Hattiesburg Unit: Petal Harvey Baptist Church, 600 South Main Street, Petal, Miss.
· Jackson Unit: Intersection of US highway 49 and Hardy Street, Hattiesburg, Miss.
· Mississippi Coast Unit: Forrest County Multi Purpose Center, 962 Sullivan Drive, Hattiesburg
· McComb Unit: Oak Grove (West Hattiesburg), Roving
· Laurel Unit: Lowe's Parking Lot, Hardy Street
· Jackson Unit 2: Neighborhoods East of USM, Roving
Units will also be distributing comfort/hygiene kits to residents recovering from the storm. Emotional and spiritual care officers will be available to provide support to residents.
“Salvation Army continues to serve throughout the Pine Belt following Sunday’s storms. We will remain present in area neighborhoods to support our community as it recovers from Sunday’s storms,” stated Captain Andy Gilliam of The Salvation Army in Hattiesburg.
Financial donations are needed to support disaster relief efforts. The Salvation Army asks those who want to help to visit www.disaster.salvationarmyusa.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY and designate Disaster Relief. Donors may text “GIVE” to 80888. Checks may be made out to The Salvation Army Disaster Relief, P.O. Box 100339, Atlanta, GA 30384-0339. Monetary donations will ensure The Salvation Army can meet the most immediate needs of those impacted by disaster.